Lipotropic B12 injections used for weight loss and wellness
Lipotropic injections—also called lipo injections, lipotropic MIC injections, or lipotropic B12 injections are a combination of ingredients administered by injection to increase fat metabolism & boost wellness
What Are Lipotropic Injections?
Lipotropics are substances that affect fat metabolism in the body. Lipotropic compounds are a combination of ingredients that help improve the breakdown of fat in the liver. Lipotropic injections have been shown to improve weight loss by speeding up the metabolism and improving the body’s ability to eliminate fat.
The term lipotropic factor was used to describe a substance that “prevents or removes an accumulation of excess fat in the liver.” Different lipotropic factors also known as lipotropes—have been studied and evaluated through the years. Researchers study lipotropes to further understand liver function & fat metabolism.
What's in a Lipotropic Injection?
In recent years, lipotropic injections have been promoted for the purposes of weight loss and sometimes for improved energy. Different weight loss clinics and medispas create unique compounds that they sell as lipo injections.
Even though different clinics have different formulas, there are a few ingredients that are fairly standard:
- Vitamin B12, sometimes called the energy vitamin. This water-soluble vitamin helps to keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy. It also helps to prevent a form of anemia that can make you tired and weak.
- Methionine, an essential amino acid that plays an important role in metabolism.
- Inositol, a vitamin-like natural sugar related to the B vitamin family. Inositol helps to metabolize fat and may improve insulin function in the body.
- Choline, an essential nutrient that is related to the B vitamins. It is responsible for lipid (fat) metabolism and transport and has other jobs in the body related to cell membrane structure and other functions.
Because most lipotropic injections include the ingredients listed above, many providers refer to the shots as MIC (methionine + inositol + choline) injections.
How Do Lipotropic Injections Work?
It is recommend that you invest in a comprehensive program that includes diet and exercise recommendations. Shots are usually administered to the arm and many clinics recommend that you get the injections weekly. The injections must be continued for the duration of the weight loss journey or for as long as you want to benefit from the effects of the supplement.
What Does This Mean for You?
While researchers recognize the role of lipotropics in fat metabolism, specifically in the liver, there also may be a boost in energy and an elevated mood after receiveing an injection.
Lipotropic B12 Benefits
- Weight Loss
- Increased Metabolism
- Improved Liver Detoxification
- Deeper Sleep
- Healthier Hair
- More Energy
- Better Mood